Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ollie Ver.2

The irrepressible Ming Doyle had challenged me to draw up a "new" Green Arrow a month or two back.
The funny thing is, I don't regularly watch the show, but the Green Arrow on Smallville really fits my design ideal.
They "out-Joeled" me.Look here.

In my search to make Ollie both new and different, I'm realizing his retarded facial hair is needed for recognition. At least for the comics version.
More than one person has assumed this is Roy.
Colorized by Steve Hamaker!



Oh, I actually recall that Ming wanted me to do the entire Arrow family....maybe some day.

2 comments:

Ming Doyle said...

I know I've said it before, but I still really love this take on Ollie. I think you've managed to "out-Joel" the "out-Joelers," thus beating them at the tacit game of "oneupJoelship."

This design does also make me really curious to see how you'd handle Roy. And Mia. And Connor.

Heh.

Unknown said...

You are a born artist!!! i am your fan!!!